Recruiting to Fill Vacant Board of Directors Seat
The Far West, Inc. Board of Directors is accepting applications to appoint a new director to a recently vacated seat. The new director will serve the remaining two years of a 3-year term. Submitted applications meeting all eligibility requirements will be reviewed and considered by the Board of Directors in May, 2021. If you are interested in applying for the vacant director seat, please complete the Application and Statement of Interest Form
and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to:
Far West, Inc.
4000 Old Seward Highway, Suite 201
Anchorage, AK 99503
The deadline to submit the application is April 30, 2021.
Eligibility Requirements for Far West, Inc. Board of Directors
To be eligible for a seat, you must be a voting Shareholder of Far West, Inc. village corporation and at least eighteen (18) years or older. A person is disqualified from serving as a director if that person has, at any time within fifteen (15) years prior to election or appointment:
- Been declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be mentally incapable of caring for oneself or a danger to others by reason of mental illness or physical incapacity;
- Been convicted of, plead guilty, or plead nolo contendere to a felony or a crime of moral turpitude;
- Been found liable for, or confessed judgment for commission of fraud or conversion;
- Owed on an outstanding judgment issued in favor of the Corporation;
- Been directed or ordered by any court or other lawful authority to enroll or participate in an alcohol or drug rehabilitation program and did not successfully complete such program;
- Been prohibited by any court or other lawful authority from engaging in any insurance business, securities business, commodities futures businesses, mortgage banking business, banking, savings and loan, or credit union business, or gaming or wagering business;
- Been found by any court or other lawful authority to have committed a breach of trust, a breach of fiduciary duty, or a fraud upon creditors, insurers, employers, or consumers;
- Been removed from the position of director or officer of any other Corporation;
- Been found by any court or other lawful authority to have been a cause for any disciplinary action imposed upon a business entity;
- Had a license to practice law, public accounting, medicine, or pharmacy revoked by a court, regulatory or administrative authority or official, or arbitral official based on any finding of misconduct, incompetence, or gross negligence;
- Been found by a court, regulatory, administrative authority or official, or arbitral body (or admitted in a proceeding to have materially breached a confidentiality agreement with the Corporation.
(Far West, Inc. Fourth Amended and Restated Bylaws, Article IV, Section 3)r: #fffff
Corporate Forms and Information